Gloria C. Mackenzie $590 Million Powerball Lottery Winner
It’s a dream. But it’s a dream worth chasing, isn’t it? Winning the lottery has been a gleam in someone’s eye since it was founded in 1986. While seemingly out of reach, or just a naive gesture of wishful thinking, there have been winners – winners that have won millions upon millions of dollars. Just a few months ago, another un-expecting name was announced. This particular time, however, the jackpot was so large that most of us cannot comprehend its exact value. Gloria C. Mackenzie, a Fla. women, has become the latest Powerball Lottery winner, having won $590 million.
Who is Gloria C. Mackenzie?
Mackenzie, an 84 year old women, lives and purchased her ticket in Zephyrhills, Fla. for the May 18 drawing. Reportedly, a man in front of Mackenzie at the gas station allowed her to cut in front of him; consequently giving her the opportunity to purchase the winning ticket. She told the Huffington Post that she is forever grateful for the man. Instead of receiving 30 annual payments to total $590.5 million, she opted for a lump sum of $370 million; of which she split with her son. “The winning numbers from the drawing were: 10, 13, 14, 22 and 52, with a Powerball number of eleven. The odds of winning were put at 1 in 175 million,” Huffington Post reported. Apparently, despite being a multi-millionaire, Mackenzie continues to shop at Walmart.
Tips on How to Win the Lottery
While most players agree that tips and strategies range from location to location, they do agree that there are several general tips that they keep in mind:
1. It is based on probability; therefore, it is not based on luck.
2. Always check the “hot numbers.” These are numbers that are drawn more often than others.
3. Once you have chosen your particular numbers, do not stray from them.
4. Play smarter, not more often. And never guess – do your research on your numbers and remember, it’s not a game of luck.
5. Don’t give up because you haven’t won yet; you can multiply your chances by playing second-hand games.